View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLion View Post
We were told explicitly to leave VDC on. I think the lack of understeer proves your point. On the track, once I got more aggressive, the VDC did slow me down in a turn when I didn't need it (or didn't think so). I only sensed it working once. I guess I am not aggressive enough yet on the track.
Most of the time you won't notice it on track. The times I have, I usually look down at the gauges and see VDC flashing during the corner exit phase. But it's not intrusive at all unless you really botch a corner. Keeping VDC ON during a track day won't hurt your experience. I've also had the good fortune of doing hot laps in a 370Z with a pro driver. He was ripping the car around the track with Hoosier slicks and smoking every other car out there. When we pitted, I saw that VDC was still on. If you drive smoothly, VDC won't interrupt your track day.