View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkwang View Post
i made 300whp with k&n intakes and borla catback
K&N drop-in intakes?!?!?!? plus an exhaust is 300whp? Holy moly. No other mods? Isn't that kindda high. I wonder what gains I have right now by just adding an exhaust, with no other mods. Did I gain like 15whp? (no access to a dyno in my small timbuktu town )

As far as K&N drop-ins... aside from the worry about fouling the MAF sensor (I am still on the fence regarding this... seen both sides of story), what I am worried about are more the particulates that get in. I mean this from the standpoint that I noticed on my G35, that since I switched to K&N, my oil was a lot darker than pre-K&N. Not sure if there's any truth to that at all... but I also read around that some folks did notice that too. Now what that means.... I would be led to believe that the engine is simply running dirtier... maybe someone else can enlighten me on that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
i would say like 50HP, with a exhaust with a filter, to help with the Ox2 sensor to help with back fire and help with LOW/ HIgh end power. but then it might be a trans to help with a good custom tune. so the O2 air flow can cesspool, the reactor in time
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownR426 View Post
You should also get a high flow cat or test pipe!
Yes, I am thinking about getting HFC's instead of getting a CAI. So if I have a CBE and HFC's, is a tune needed? I would like to NOT get a tune... don't want to void the warranty just yet. Maybe in a couple of years

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Reported, get lost spam.
Can someone tell me why his post was spam? After reading it, seems like a normal post.... maybe I'm naive
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote