View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
BrandonT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z White
BrandonT is just really niceBrandonT is just really niceBrandonT is just really niceBrandonT is just really niceBrandonT is just really nice
Default New 370Z owner in Denver!

Just bought a Pearl White 2009 base model with low miles. It's in Cali so I'm shipping it to Denver this week. Pretty excited since this is my first sports car, finally old enough (36) to stop dreaming (and making enough money ha) to be able to get one. Couple questions for you guys:

1) I always used a Puralator Pureone oil filter on my vehicles. I assume this is a better filter than the Nissan OEM?

2) Also use Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum. From the UOA's over at my350Z it seem these are good options for this engine but maybe Castrol Edge is a little better? Looking to stay with a synthetic that is available at most any auto store.

3) What is a good air filter for these? Looking mostly for filtering ability with no loss in power, but I'm not looking to increase power. Some of the K&N's are nice for flow but not so nice for filtering ability. I usually use Fram Toughguard oiled filters on my truck, but not sure if they will maintain the same flow as stock Nissan?

4) When the time comes to maintain the brakes, can the Sport brakes be fitted without modification? Is there a better aftermarket solution?

5) These are direct injection engines correct? I've seen some pretty scary pics of these DI engines fouling valves because they don't have fuel to wash them, so is the PCV flow filtered at all? A buddy of mine with a Camaro SS says he thinks his is oil filtered, and has to be changed on the service schedule. The 370Z similar?

6) If I go with 19" wheels and around 295-305 rear tires, how much does this impact the power compared to the smaller 18"? It looks like the circumference of the 18" base model is about the same as the Sport's 19", so I assume the rear end gear ratio is the same for both?

7) Any good bang for the buck power mods that won't void the warranty?

8) Any other maintenance tips for new owner?

Thanks,
Brandon
BrandonT is offline   Reply With Quote