Thread: Baaaaad day
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
JGreenwood07
Base Member

Drives: '10 Z Sprt/Tour/Nav
JGreenwood07 will become famous soon enoughJGreenwood07 will become famous soon enough

Yeah this combined with the fender bender, all within literally 15 minutes of each other, really has me reeling. Thanks for all the feedback and help.

Is there someone other than the owner you guys would advise I speak with? Is it wise to circumvent the service manager? I spoke to him once and could tell he was protecting his employees, which is expected.

When I inquired about the mileage his response was, "Well they have to drive it once to see where it is off, and once more after aligning it to check it." Fine by me, but 18 miles worth? At the time I had no concrete idea on how many miles had been put on the car. He also threw in the choice quote of "this guys is a master technician". Give me a break.

I wouldn't mind as much if A.) The weren't 3 fresh rock chips on the car and B.) The clutch is making a weird clunking noise when engaging between gears—way more noticeable than normal. This is actually what clued me off that something wasn't right. Of course, the service manager says that is normal and that the Z has a noisy clutch, which I agree to an extent, but I know something feels different after driving off from the dealership.

I now have zero trust with them after all of this.

Last edited by JGreenwood07; 04-16-2011 at 11:11 PM.
JGreenwood07 is offline   Reply With Quote