View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravanshaka View Post
powdercoating is about $400 for a set of wheels. The used 18's have been on ebay for around 1k, I think 600-800 is a fair price for them. Powdercoating is far superior to painting for the finish. Paint will chip with normal driving where powdercoating can take that abuse.

of course, a powdercoater is going to fully strip the wheels finish before they coat, so trying it on your own first will only cost you the time and materials since you can just bring it to the powdercoater if you aren't happy with the finish.
hey caravanshaka correct me if im wrong but i believe powdercoating weakens forged rims.....becauase of the extreme heat that occurs...? and there is a special type of powdercoating that is for forged rims...? and... sadly no one can do powdercoating on my island in that matter.... just regular powdercoating...
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote