View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

I just read the Michelin tire warranty fine print. The 30k coverage only applies to 2011 model year vehicles equipped with the tires as OEM fitment. If the car comes with staggered sizes, the warranty is then cut in half to 15k miles. From the brochure, it looks like buying loose tires for our cars doesn't keep the 30k mile warranty. Boooo (see file attached)

Treadwear (tire softness) and grip go hand in hand. You can't have a rock hard tire that outgrips every other existing tire. Look at F1. They run on soft compounds to ring out the 'hot' laps when they need to and switch to harder compounds for longevity between pit stops at the cost of losing a few seconds a lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
You won't be happy to see them wear out at about 6000-7000 miles in the front, of course you will be going so much faster that you don't mind it as much. It's not like the R888 where you spent tons of money and is still slow.
I've decided I no longer care about tire costs. It's like buying a Bugatti and then being pissed it takes 'expensive' premium gas. If I wanted tires to last 40k miles, I should have bought a Prius. I just have to hide the replacement tire purchases from my wife who doesn't share my sentiments.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-04-16 at 11.45.05 AM.png (53.3 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by spearfish25; 04-16-2011 at 11:48 AM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote