View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Yeah, best rim protector is to not hit a rim...

RE11s are way cheaper, I dont think these are for maximum performance. They have a treadwear between 200-300?
1. RE-11 are not available in OEM size for the rear. I was worried about clearance with 15 mm spacers and Eibach springs.

2. RE-11 are marginally cheaper (not "way" cheaper) and with a treadwear rating of 300 on the PSS, it will more than offset the miniscule cost difference.

3. The PSS's have a treadwear warranty and the RE-11's none.

4. The PSS's test performace surpasses the RE-11 (and every other tire) in most or all areas.

5. No doubt the RE-11 is a great tire -- I have used them on other vehicles. But, they don't last very long and as they wear they get a bit squirrely in wet conditions.

6. I researched this purchase for a couple of months and absolutely believe these are the best tires to get for a Z that is driven almost every day (and driven hard, conditions permitting), in many different situations and in different weather conditions. Time will tell if I am right.

Last edited by onzedge; 04-15-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Clarification
onzedge is offline   Reply With Quote