View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #415 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post

I want more contact patch so the camber kit is definitely needed. Hopefully the SPCs offer caster adjustments as well. Yup, although the 275/35 up front is wider, it is still a tiny bit shorter than the 245/40. The 305/30 is definitely a tad shorter than 275/35 for the rear, but it is nowhere near as bad as 285/30 (poor recommendation). Trust me, I've posted in numerous threads and got scatterbrained over it. So far I'm happy with this decision, but I have only driven less than 10 mi. since I got the car back. The bumper and headlights are off so I'm going to be without the Z for awhile longer.

Here are some daytime pictures as the springs has settled a little bit more. The formula silver wheels contrast the gunmetal wheels off of tsolin01's car.
Thanks for your feedback and I do trust you on not recommending the 285/30 Rr. I cannot afford to go any wider in the rear than 285/35 with my buldging 25mm spacers. And the fronts, well this time around I think I am better off with the taller stockers 245/40 for fear of sticking out too far with my 20mm spacers and most important fear of scraping up the driveway. I have the sport package +touring which comes with the lower black rubber splash guard as I call it and the front facing mud flaps..haha. They already scrape occassionaly but never has it scraped the bumber itself. I have always loved your wheels from day one. That would be one of my fisrt choices to go with my PG.

SPC Upper Coontrol Arms do have caster adjustment.....BUT....when I had them on my 350Z it was a trade off for camber...meaning if I wanted to be in OEM spec that the caster was going to be more on the forward slant...meaning high speed instalbility...which I never felt any instability at 100 + mph...but not driving at thoses speeds for any substained amount of time.

Last edited by ZForce; 04-15-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: typos
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote