View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light

We caught the guy!!!!

He showed up in a truck just like he told the detectives he would, albeit about 20 min late. The police pulled up right away and detained him and then called me to come and check out the wheels. Sure enough, they were the ones that were taken off my car a few days prior, although they apparently dropped one or two of them b/c they had surface scratches on the spokes.

The guy started by saying he bought them two weeks ago from some random guy selling them for $750 at the Varsity so they couldnt be mine. However, the detectives kept pressuring him and asking him about when/where/how much, who this other guy was, etc and he finally caved in. He admitted he got them the day after they were stolen from my car, still claiming it was from some guy at the Varsity for $750.

The guy he said that they got them from was described as a small Asian guy driving a black Nissan Murano. That ring any bells? They have the guy's phone number and are following up with traces and background checks to ID him as well so there should be more on that soon.

Regarding the guy who tried to re-sell the stolen property, the police confiscated the rims (so he is out his $750 he paid) and are questioning him about the other guy now. Insurance is paying for everything and we will be etching a code/marker into the new rims so they can more easily be identified if someone else tries to take them again. We are also writing down the serials from the tires, just in case. Since the old rims were damaged, insurance will be replacing them and the police are returning the damaged rims most likely to evidence for the case.

All in all, a good day!!!

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd

Last edited by '10Anamoly; 04-15-2011 at 06:58 AM.
'10Anamoly is offline   Reply With Quote