View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Guard Dad
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Silver A7
Guard Dad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
- the SWI kit plugs right into the back and you just have to do some wiring to get it to work with the steering wheel

- yes you will need an antenna adapter, I used Scoche - standard black plug goes into the back of the unit and theres a blue wire you splice into the vehicle harness for the radio

- the unit does have a subwoofer output - I did not install rear speakers or a sub. I am using components up front only -- Polk DXi6500 and personally I find these are more than enough for me as I don't really blast my music to high volume.

- I didn't really see a need for a back up camera but there is a plug in the unit for it if you wish to add one later as well as another plug for the avic gps add on

My only recommendation is to do a relay bypass for the ebrake ground so you can access all the features of the unit whenever you want.

The harnesses I used were Pioneer harness (comes with unit) spliced to the Scoche NN04B for 2007+ Nissan vehicle harness and Scoche NAA2B antenna adapter. For the antenna adapter, you plug it straight to the OEM anetnna socket then the black wire goes into the HU and the blue wire you splice into the Scoche vehicle harness. If you don't your local radio reception is gonna suck. Also be sure to hook up the orange wires for the auto dimming - the screen is quite bright and i found it to be a distraction at night - much better when it dims with the rest of the interior lighting.
Thanks for the great response. I've done several searches on the Scosche products with limited results, where did you buy them? Know of any on line sources?
Guard Dad is offline   Reply With Quote