View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
That's pretty much the consensus these days, but I don't think the LF-A would be any more tactile. It's just as packed with technological wizard, if not more. If "feel" is the only thing your after, there are plenty of less expensive sports cars that specifically target that criteria. Lotus for example.

When your talking all out performace, especially when comparing supercars, numbers do matter, along with the badge and prestige that goes with it. Would you choose the Cayman S over an LF-A if the LF-A wasn't any faster?

At the end of the day, it's still Nissan vs. Toyota. Both modern legends in thier own way & showing the world it can hang or demolish the established European Exotics.
Numbers do matter, it is not like there is a huge difference between the two in terms of objective performance figures though. The LF-A was not designed to be the Japanese Veyron, but rather a design and manufacturing study for future technologies. When I talk about feel, it is not just raw communication through steering and the pedals. Of course there will always be faster cars for less money, but that doesn't mean it isn't valuable in its own right.

This is just speculation, but I would hazard to guess that if you drove a LF-A and a GTR back to back, the LF-A would probably leave you with the bigger smile. GTRs are a dime a dozen in Socal, you don't see too many LFAs in comparison and they definitely have more presence on the street.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote