View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Malves85
Base Member

Drives: Evo X GSR
Malves85 is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Evo convert

I have been tossing around this idea in my head of selling my Evo and buying a 370Z and thought I would make an intro here since I'll be exploring these forums. I currently drive a 2008 Evo X GSR. Lightly modded pushing out 335whp at 26psi.

Performance wise its an amazing car, however quality wise it needs improvement. I have fixed various small issues on my own and have been to the dealer multiple times for recalls and warranty work. Customer service has been less than stellar at the 5 different dealerships I have been to. The closest being 40min away and the furthest almost 2 hours. I tried them all and have yet to find a quality dealership. I know a lot of people dont consider dealership service when purchasing a car, I didnt at first, but when your car has numerous issues that require multiple visits to a far away dealer it becomes a significant factor. Nissan has a GTR certified dealer 5 minutes from my place which is a big plus.

I'm into the whole brand loyalty thing. I want to be able to go back to my dealer who I trust and purchase future cars. First, Mitsubishi has no other cars worth even looking at and second, every single dealer is shady. Nissan atleast has the GTR which I hope to own in the future. The maxima would be nice for the misses. I'll take an xterra to go off-roading upstate. And I would even consider the tiny little leaf for the daily commute to work.

The main reason I'm looking to get away from Mitsubishi and into Nissan is because of the quality. How is the overall quality of the 370Z? Any squeaks or rattles while driving or when the temperature drops? How often have you guys been to the dealer to get work done?

The second reason I like the 370Z is the RWD. The Evo handles great and flies aroud the track but its not as fun a RWD. I want to be able to kick out the rear end on demand and drift around corners. I want to work to control my car. Yes it will be harder to get around the track than an Evo but I will feel more rewarded in doing so. I need to build my skill level and not have a car drive for me.

Anyone own an Evo X and sell it for a 370Z? Thoughts and opinions welcome. If there is already a thread on this topic feel free to point me in the right direction. I love reading material.
Malves85 is offline   Reply With Quote