View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
2theextreme
RIP Tony :( (1969-2015)

Drives: '14 Mustang GT/CS
2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag21 View Post
Cool man, thanks

What does that grounding kit actually do for the car?
From the Stillen website:

You are losing horsepower and torque without STILLEN's new Grounding Kits. Today's engine management systems utilize hundreds of sensors and in some cases over 12 onboard computers that constantly monitor all parameters of the engine and powertrain.

Installing STILLEN's Grounding Kit ensures that sensors and computers are not affected by power surges that can drain performance. This ensures that all wire diameters are optimal for amperage and current travel distance.

These kits feature 8-gauge copper wire, gold plated connectors along with 4-gauge & 8-gauge ring connectors, and are developed specifically for your application. Available in silver or red.

These grounding kits will also improve the shifting on automatic transmission vehicles, and in most cases noticeably improve shift times and reduce lag.

Direct link:

STILLEN : STILLEN Grounding Kit

I had it installed just yesterday along with the lightweight pulley and it does seem to shift a bit easier and smoother. As I put more miles on it I'm sure I'll notice more of a difference. Hope this helps!

Last edited by 2theextreme; 07-03-2009 at 12:21 AM.
2theextreme is offline   Reply With Quote