View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
As if the only factor behind a super car are the numbers.

I can only imagine the driving thrill and experience in the LFA is much superior to the GTR. As much as I can respect the GTR's amazing performance envelope, every time I have ridden in one it felt undramatic and even a bit boring from the passenger seat. I believe this is a somewhat similar example to the 370z vs. Cayman S comparison: the 370z may hit the same or similar performance numbers but the Cayman is exquisitely refined and tactile while providing those numbers.
That's pretty much the consensus these days, but I don't think the LF-A would be any more tactile. It's just as packed with technological wizard, if not more. If "feel" is the only thing your after, there are plenty of less expensive sports cars that specifically target that criteria. Lotus for example.

When your talking all out performace, especially when comparing supercars, numbers do matter, along with the badge and prestige that goes with it. Would you choose the Cayman S over an LF-A if the LF-A wasn't any faster?

At the end of the day, it's still Nissan vs. Toyota. Both modern legends in thier own way & showing the world it can hang or demolish the established European Exotics.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote