View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
zilent_jay
Base Member

Drives: 2009 MB Base Sport
zilent_jay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
That's all you had to say, and it confirmed my statement. Test and tune nights will almost never hook well unless its a nice track. Nowhere in my statement did I say, "You suck, learn to drive". Im fully aware that a shitty track on a shitty night wont hook for ****.
I know you didn't say that, which is why in my response to you, nowhere did I say or even remotely imply that you did.

If I had the same lack of traction in a climate conducive to running good times, I would be perfectly satisfied with a 13.4@106 in stock form. Much the same that I am satisfied with the "slow" results I got. I wanted proof that my somewhat modded 350z was faster. While only slightly faster, that's what my butt dyno told me, and the real world results proved it for me.

Quote:
The long story short is that, yes, indeed, the 60' is the problem. The altitude isn't the cause. But it sure may be the track prep (or lack thereof), the driver, or both.
In response to the short long story, I wasn't posting because I had a "problem"... with my ability, my car, or my understanding of how drag racing works. I don't recall saying that I have a problem or needed someone to point out the obvious for me.

I also think you may be underestimating the difference DA makes. If you think simply pulling a sub 2.0ft in the same conditions is going to net nicer times than running in sub 500ft DA conditions, you are terribly mistaken.
zilent_jay is offline   Reply With Quote