View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
cfweber
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 370Z BS 6 SP
cfweber is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
So from my experience with my previous G35, I had Tein springs on my G35 for 70k miles and the shocks still felt fine. I weighed the options of going with springs/coilovers on my Z, and I went with H&R springs.

Since I'm a DIY kind of guy, I asked my friend to help me out so I could save the $200 or so on installation...hell, I've installed everything else on my car! He's had experience with installing springs/coilovers before, so I trusted him. Well, I should have just done it myself. He ended up blowing one of my front shocks by . The car rode like crap...had HORRIBLE "bounce" everytime I hit a bump.

I bought 2 used front shocks from VIP and replaced them myself. I know I did it correctly...BUT the car still rides like crap. It's not nearly as bad as before, but is very noticeable. So either A) the shocks I bought from VIP were blown, which I highly doubt or B) the springs are screwed.

Any ideas guys? I think I'm just going to get some coilovers now because everytime I drive my car, all I do is pay attention to the bounce and it's so damn frustrating
I'm trying to picture myself with a 40th anniversary Z...

OK

I probably keep it stock

but if I decided to improve it

I'd have the pros do the work
cfweber is offline   Reply With Quote