View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #410 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolin01 View Post
Btw DIGItonium, whenever you get that INGS+1 kit on, can you measure how low it ends up being to the ground. I'm planning to get it eventually but wanna see how much I would scrape it up.
Sure thing, I dropped the bumper last night and test fitted the lip. I'm not exactly sure how the 3 screws fasten the lip to the bumper so I'm going to improvise by using locking washers and rubber washers through the holes for the OEM aero deflector.

After a day the springs settled some more and the camber changed a bit more. With the 305 tires, it seems like the strongest contact is on the inner half of the tire. It needs to be adjusted some more, so I'm probably going to get the camber kit and alignment done once the car gets shipped over to Baker in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
That looks so good, sounds like a rear camber kit is all that is needed. Good to hear about the fronts at -1.6 & -1.5, that is about where I am with Eibachs and stock tires. I just finished looking at America's Tire Calculator and just punched in the 285/30/19 & 255/35/19 then read your above opinion on 285/30/19 and scraping on the driveway....ouch..looks like I will be looking for a taller tire both Fr & Rr. Yours does look perfect with 275/35 & 305/30. I have spacers so your setup will not work with mine...sigh.
I want more contact patch so the camber kit is definitely needed. Hopefully the SPCs offer caster adjustments as well. Yup, although the 275/35 up front is wider, it is still a tiny bit shorter than the 245/40. The 305/30 is definitely a tad shorter than 275/35 for the rear, but it is nowhere near as bad as 285/30 (poor recommendation). Trust me, I've posted in numerous threads and got scatterbrained over it. So far I'm happy with this decision, but I have only driven less than 10 mi. since I got the car back. The bumper and headlights are off so I'm going to be without the Z for awhile longer.

Here are some daytime pictures as the springs has settled a little bit more. The formula silver wheels contrast the gunmetal wheels off of tsolin01's car.