View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation OEM Xenon Controller Module: Old vs. New

I removed one of my new headlights today to remove the wiring and bulbs and realized the headlight comes with a different ballast than the one in '09. I want to match up the ballasts used in my old headlights so I test fitted the old ballast, and it fits just fine. The harness for the bulb cable has a different bracket for the grounding strap, so it needs to go together with the new ballast. Also, the connector appears to have the same wiring configuration and uses the same connector.

The new ballast does not appear to be completely sealed either since a couple of screws is all it takes to remove the grounding plate and reveal the silicone gel covered PCB.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 10-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote