View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Find an empty parking lot and practice some launches. You cannot learn driving from reading peoples tips. Regardless of what we tell you here, you are still going to look silly when you go out there and try it for the first time. No replacement for a little practice. Get a good feel for the clutch and for how many revs you can give it for the perfect launch. Also remember you dont go on green, you go on the last yellow.
Thanks. I don't want anyone to think I am a total novice at driving. I can heel-toe (won't do me any good in a straight line). I know the proper shift points, and with over 3,000 miles on the Z, I have a good feel for the clutch. I guess I'm looking for some protocal stuff, like your tip on going on the last yellow.