View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
CZero
Base Member

Drives: 370z, 951, ST3
CZero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
If you want to start participating in HDPE events just leave your suspension stock. At the novice level an upgraded suspension does not give you any advantage (and it might make your Z harder to handle). This is a common misconception that I fell into with my previous G35. I did not want to sign up for my fist track event until I had my suspension completely upgraded. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have an additional two years of track experience under my belt.

Spend your money on an oil cooler and then address the brake pads and fluid (and this does not mean some aftermarket BBK). I use CarboTech XP-10 front and XP-8 rear, stainless steel lines, and Castrol SRF brake fluid. Remember, even at the novice level you can overheat your oil and experience brake failure.

And losing your brakes at the end of a long straight is a tough situation for a novice to deal with…
What first handling mods do you recommend once you're ready to go from stock suspension? What is the Z's weak spot suspension wise in other words.

I already plan on using carbotechs as I've had those before and was really impressed with the xp10's. What made you choose the SRF over ATE Blue?
CZero is offline   Reply With Quote