View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #98 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

The Z doesn't really get that tail happy with VDC off unless you want it to. I think most of these VDC off crashes are people just driving too fast for the conditions and not slowing down enough for turns.

Cars don't crash themselves. People have been crashing cars with and without traction control, of the safest economy cars, all the way up to the most high performance sports cars. It depends on the driver and the circumstance. Sometimes the driver creates the circumstance by being an asshat. Personally, i drive with VDC on if its raining or wet, otherwise its off.

I do partially blame VDC for some of these accidents, only in the sense that because its so invasive it makes people want to turn it off completely. Honestly, in my daily commute with VDC off i never drift or anything or even lose traction, but if VDC were on and i go over an uneven road surface during a turn it totally throws off the balance of the car and makes it really unenejoyable. Turn it off if you feel comfortable, its still more enjoyable even if you aren't driving very spiritedly.

and to the OP, your reason for selling your vehicle would make sense if you had a motorcycle, not a sports car. You could follow that logic and say that some parent who can't afford to buy a new car with the latest safety features and drives a mid 90's sentra is somehow an irresponsible parent because they are somehow putting their life on the line because they don't have a 5 Star safety rated vehicle.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote