Thread: Good handguns
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #263 (permalink)
Xander117
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370, z71, R6
Xander117 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyboardDevil View Post
1911's are expensive, beautiful, and have a great history. All very helpful to impress your friends, and turn heads at the local range. If I had an extra 3000 laying around, I'd pickup a Wilson Custom. But I would NEVER rely on one to save my life.

I have a LOT of experience with Springfield's and Glocks. Both solid and reliable firearms.

A few friends of mine have the M&P's and I've heard a lot of great things about them.

I noticed you listed 357SIG twice, I'm guessing it was an accident. However, my Glock 33 is a 357SIG, and it is awesome. I recommend it for daily carry if you can hang onto it

If this is for home defense only, get a full sized pistol (not a compact or "sub-compact"). They are easier to hang on to, and the longer barrel will undoubtedly make you more accurate.
You can pick up a Springfield for around 500, if you keep an eye out. I have a friend that just bought one off a private seller for 475. I have a Charles Daly compact .45 that stays by the bed. Old mossberg 12 in the closet.

My next purchase will be an FN five-seven. Just trying to find one in the 850-900 range. FN is often overlooked but have really good guns, and I think they are pretty close to Sig Sauer quality.

I like the Ruger mini-30 to reach out with. I like the 7.62 over the 223. 200 yd open sights is no problem.
Xander117 is offline   Reply With Quote