Thread: Bigger engine?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
CrownR426
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Manual
CrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond reputeCrownR426 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanBro View Post
Simple, Nissan has a gap to fill with the 370z. The GT-R is their competitor for the vette, and that left a huge void in the affordable sports car category which the Z filled. Not only would a V8 Z be more expensive than the V6, but it would also cannibalize GT-R sales if the two were close in performance.

I will say that a V8 would have been so cool though. I would have definitely shelled out an extra 10k for that.

Nissan will never do that v8 to a Z but I definetly see them turboing the Z's looking at the Juke technology! Unless they come out with the 240sx which I heard rumors about!