View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
reechwuzhere
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z MB AT
reechwuzhere is on a distinguished road
Default You can say that again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Don't go below a 1/4 tank if you can help it or you risk stalling mid corner due to fuel starvation thanks to the crappy pickup and tank baffle design.

You are so right about the fuel starvation. The first time it happened, I didnt put two and two together. I had it towed to the dealer and on the way off the truck it started right up. So tonight on the way home from work I really lay into a long right handed on-ramp and half way through, there goes the power. So I'm sitting there on the side of the road like WTF, I take off the negative cable thinking a computer reset would fix it, but it didnt. So then a hgihway assistance truck pulls up and a dude jumps out and we talk about the problem and he asks, are you out of gas? I told him no way, I know for a fact that there's a 1/4 tank in it. So he puts a gallon in anyway, and the car starts right up.

Now, I can understand that maybe they put the pickup on the far right side of the tank and hard right turns starve the pump but, how come after the car was flat again it didnt prime itself? It needed 1 gallon of gas to reset? It just doesnt make sense... Could the baffles be keeping the fuel away from the pickup once it happens?

Anyway, I wont be letting her get below 1/2 tank again.

I'm just glad that I found someone else who has seen this.
reechwuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote