View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Yeah, there was a bit of learning curve for me with this car as well. I came from a much more oversteer-happy car than this one, so in smoother curves I had to learn to actually use the steering wheel more than the throttle to push the car around. On the flipside, when trying to push through quick sharp sliding oversteer corners (or U-turns), I have to give the Z a lot more gas to get the job done. I'm pretty comfortable with handling my Z now, but I've had 7K miles to figure it out already
I can easily say this car handles a LOT differently than other vehicles I've owned - none of them had a locking diff, so I could break one wheel loose and drag the other in a fishtail.

With this, it's more like the rear of the car is on a huge ball bearing. That combined with the incredibly tight turning radius...

I think what threw me a bit too was that the tires bit down unexpectedly too - but, hey, I won't know. If I do it again, I have more knowledge about how the car reacts to driver input now than I did before last night.