View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #42 (permalink)
Mrabyss
Base Member

Drives: Pearl 370z Sport
Mrabyss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mrabyss

For the people asking about installation. If your doing it yourself its gonna take a bit of time. I recently installed 2 of them, first on my 370 and then about an hour later on my dad's 370. You will have to remove the front bumper to replace the filters as they wont come out any other way that I can see due to placement. My previous experience installing a CAI was on a 2003 Tiburon with a single intake. As you know the 370 now has 2 over the 1 that the 350 had. It took me 4.5 hours to do mine but that was strictly because I was being pretty cautious to ensure I only took out what needed to be taken off and not stretch or break anything. Some of the instructions that come with the intake are a little vague. For instance to remove the bumper there is no nice illustration. It takes 10 bolts underneath the car(without sport package) or 16 bolts(with sport package due to those "things" just in front of the wheels) Also about a dozen of the plastic spread clips on the top but those are easy and obvious. Just incase anyone plans on doing this the bumper is a little easier to remove than to reinstall because you need to make sure that when you reinstall it that the bottom of the bumper is on top of the undercarraige plastic shield or the bolts won't be doing their job(I found this out after bolting the rest back up on the sides and top, just took a little muscle and prying to get everything proper). I do recommend the use of some rubber or foam on places where clearance is really tight(I used some tygon tubing split open and adhered in those places) to keep the rattle and scrapping to a minimum. Definately will need some type of cushioning on the AC lines on the driver side as the intake will rest right on top(again I used some split Tygon tubing). After the completion of my intake it took me about 2 hours and 15 minutes to do my dad's car since I knew exactly what I was doing and didn't have to refer to the instructions ever few minutes. Overall this is pretty easy but a little time consuming. Just need a phillips head, flat head, 7/16 wrench and 2 sockets(10 or 11mm and 7/16) with ratchet, dremel or rotary tool, knife, and some ruber/foam. Also you don't need a lift or to jack up the car but it may shave some time and getting up and down off the ground.

If anyone needs help in western NY let me know as I'm down to assist.