View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Note to self - after leaving car wash...

Let the soap and other crap leave the tires before gassing it a bit with the TRS turned off - lol...

LOL

I managed to kick the rear end out to a 45 (what I was aiming for), then it swung it back hard 90 degress to the other way (apparently input from the steering wheel is a lot more than what I'm used to), before it grabbed and launched me straight for the curb!

Nothing happened, but if it weren't for my VERY quick reflexes and having had a ton of experience with RWD cars and icy roads...lol

Lesson learned!

THis reminded me of another "pucker-factor" experience - a local gas station has an auto-washer attached that always drains down across the enterace. I was on my bike with the lady on back, getting gas, and I pulled in through that enterance. When my back tire came around again, it lost traction and skipped over about 4"! To be honest, I'm surprised I didn't lose it, but, I guess my reflexes saved our butts that time too - lol...

I don't go to that gas station much now - if I do, it's the other entrance that I use!