View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
dAvenue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: angry
dAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond reputedAvenue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2k View Post
If you can get good rates, paying in cash is just...wasteful.

I actually just refi'd my Z, just because I could get a lower rate. Low enough to make me actually cash out $5k of what I'd already paid. My loan is now more $5k higher, and a couple months longer...but my payments are the same and my $5k check should arrive today.

I mean, come on...if you want to give me cheap loans, I'll take it every day of the week. At the very least, even if I were horrible with money, I'd put that $5k towards my mortgage, which has a higher interest rate of 3.75 fixed.

I understand the no debt mentatily, I used to be a cash only type of guy, but I learned something a while ago. Not all debt is bad. Certain types of debt can give you access to capital, which is how business (and you) can make money. I'm actually getting ready to take a $15k cash advance on a credit card. I'l pay 10% interest for two days ($4-$5) while I balance transfer it with no fee to a 0% APR card for a year. $15k for one year, costs me $4...yes please. And if any of you are wondering, cash advance is from PSECU, and BT deal is from NFCU. I love credit unions!
Not everyone falls in the same boat of needing to earn good credit. For those of us with excellent credit, it makes more financial sense to pay in cash and not throw money away on interest.
dAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote