Thread: Angel Eyes
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
waaaasabi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10 Civic (FG1) 5AT
waaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud ofwaaaasabi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
That looks soooo sick! I am curious about how the LEDs last long-term as well as whether you experience any condensation inside the headlights since the OEM seal has been broken.

Ps. Am I wrong, or did you put hyper white in your side markers as well?
I had 180 do my headlights previously (painted the housing black) and there wasn't any condensation after that; I haven't had any condensation issues thus far after this mod either. And yes you're right - I had the amber side markers replaced with LEDs after I got my headlights painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolin01 View Post
Looks great! Now I really want these. The lights get resealed so condensation shouldn't be an issue, 180 has a warranty so I'm sure it won't be an issue. Haven't heard anyone have any issues so far.
Word - warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPaced View Post
Nice! I want to get dual Orbs, too. I PM'd these guys and emailed but no response, yet =/ I live in the city, too, so hopefully, I can get work like this done asap!
Where in the city are you? Their shop is located in Brooklyn. I'm going to be heading back into Brooklyn on Thursday afternoon, PM me if you can't reach them by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
First, props to a fellow veteran from NYC (Brooklyn for me), & even more props for having a Z in the city. I didn't get my license till I had to when I reached my first duty station back in 93...

If I can plan it with the 180 guys, I'll order a complete set & have them ship it to me when I get back home around Thanksgiving. That way, I can swap out the headlights quick fast snce I'll only be home for the normal 30 days.

Thanks for posting the pics.
Wow, I didn't join until 2003! From one veteran to another, major props to you, good sir . And 30 days leave?? What branch are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperman 370 View Post
everytime i see your post makes me want these more :P come on 180 im waiting for your reply so i can send you the money for them looool

is there anyneed for modifications or is this just a bolt on?
In order to get the rings flush, they have to dremel the OEM shroud, but that's about it. If you do the dual orb, they have to cut your turn signal housing in order to replace it with a projector turn signal.