View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIY: Blacked Out Fangs...

Alright... sorry guys... ive been super tired... and o man my days have been just so slow and tiring...

ANYWAYS...

what u need here to do this diy is...

Black satin spray paint
Satin clear coat
masking tape
masking paint paper or news paper works fine...
and a scotch brite brito pad... get the one that actually scratches dont get the non scratch one....

Step one... Wash down he fang area....

Use soap and water and scrub the fang area u wanna make the surface free of any contaminants like bugs tree sap bird crap etc.... at this time u can also begin to scuff the fang area with the brito pad..... so the paint will have something to stick to... be very careful not to scratch the areas that u dont want to paint because it will be dull......

Then wash it again and dry it with a clean rag....

STEP 2 Masking...

well this part is a no brainer just take ur time and mask everything chin spoiler and make sure the line that separate the fangs to the rest of the bumper is taped neatly.... u want a smooth line not a jagged line that u can tell u taped it badly and shot it with paint....

Step 3 Painting...

Start spraying in thin coats waiting 10 mins between coats... and then shoot it with the clear satin spray paint... also waiting 10 mins between coats... be very patient... dont rush or u might run with the paint or worse ull spray it to thick that itll take forever to dry....

WELL this is the end result... i think that this mod is really easy and everyone is capable of doing it... just be patient and dont rush and the results will be fantastic... when i brought my z to a z meeting they thought i bought my z like that lol and they were saying i never knew that the new 370z had a black housing headlight and fang delete option? it just made me smile..... good luck guys... and remember patience is the tool to having clean and well done mods... finishing modifications isnt a race guys... so take ur time

Last edited by simota1; 07-02-2009 at 05:08 AM.
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote