Thread: Angle Parking
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
MrBMW
Enthusiast Member

Drives: YELLOW 370Z 6MT NAV
MrBMW will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi View Post
When reversing out from an angle park with a car parked on my left, there is now way to see if it is clear to do so. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I'm missing? All I can do is slowly reverse out and hope that someone sees me.

May have to invest in a reversing cam, I've ordered the parking assist at cost of around $600. However I don't believe this is not going to help in this situation.

Rudi.
As mentioned the sensors wouldn't help in the above situation. As the car is to your left and I believe the sensors wouldn't reach that far around, to detect the car.

The reverse Camera also wouldn't really help the situation. It would help a bit if you a reversing out onto a slow street, as it will be able to see cars coming from behind the car to your left.

With us Aussies having Nav installed by default, in turn then having the screen. You should be able to get a Reverse Camera installed for about the same money (maybe a bit more) as the sensors.

If people are interested I can try and get some photos or Video up to help decide on the camera and possibly help with your situation. I can get around to the pics/vid from Tuesday (going back to work tomorrow, shift work).