View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tony, I will try to help as I have used almost every convertible product under the sun on my last car:

1) Try not to use regular car wash soap as it is generally much harsher than a fabric cleaner. The two best products I used were 303 Fabric/Vinyl cleaner and Raggtop fabric vinyl cleaner.

2) You spray them on at the beginning of your car wash, agitate with a soft bristle brush. Then, just rinse until the suds are gone. You only really need to wash the fabric roof like this every month, but you can do a weekly wipe down with a damp microfiber towel.

3) For water repellency, I had great luck using 303 Fabric Guard. When two coats were applied, I got approximately 4-6 months of durability out of it before beading degraded to the point where I felt it necessary to reapply. Any over spray on the window or paint also cleans off easily with a microfiber towel and some quick detailer.
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote