Thread: Back up camera
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
rangercarol
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z Cherry 6m
rangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond reputerangercarol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back up camera - Follow up

I completed the finishing step this weekend. While I was pleased with the safety provided by the monitor, using velcro to attach it to the visor was not a satisfactory solution. It worked fine but I didn't like the way it looked when the visor was down to block the sun.

I spent a few hours modifying the visor to insert the monitor. Sounds simple; but the visor is more than just foam inside. It has some 1/8" rod running through it for strength. However, with a little careful cutting and bending, I was able to embed the monitor in the visor.

As I said earlier, this is a 5" monitor. If I had to do it again, I would opt for 3.5-4" because it would be a lot easier to install.

In case you are wondering; I installed it upside down to get the video cable on the top side. Fortunately, this monitor has the capability to change orientation of the image. It can also accept two video feeds in case you want to show movies or add a second camera.

ranger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2258.jpg (562.6 KB, 83 views)
rangercarol is offline   Reply With Quote