View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRdeReD_Out View Post
looks nice man...are you still able to use the steering wheel controls with the pioneer? I just ordered one myself should be here sometime this week. Also did it fit flush or did you have to use the face plate?
Yup, had to get Pac SWI-JAC adapter to use steering wheel controls - as for the other harnesses I just used Scoche antenna adapter and vehicle harness. I strongly suggest you go to like Autozone or something and get a 12V relay to bypass the e-brake sensor on the head-unit as well that way you have full control at all times and not just when the vehicle is parked -- pretty simple to do.

As for fitment, no modifications were needed. It fits in flush and I did not have to use the faceplate that came with the unit or get a 3rd party bezel from Metra.

Sidenote - you DO NOT need the Pioneer brand iPod adapter that hooks into both USB & AUX at the same time, you can use the normal USB to 30pin connector you normally use to connect your iPod/iPhone to your PC/Mac and it works just fine - even in App mode. Just do what I did and get a black Dynex brand one for 5 bucks.
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote