View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #445 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Got the kit yesterday. Took about 5 hours to do the install. Mostly because I spend a lot of time dealing with the roof compartment in the roadster.

For anyone doing a roadster the easy way to do a roadster is to open the top halfway to where the roof compartment is all the way up and the back portion of the roof is flipped up. Then find a strut (I used a 1X2 piece of scrap in my woodshop) to prop the roof compartment hatch up. Then take the two push in snaps out of the front of the covers on each side of the compartment cover. Then take out the two push in clips holding the cover behind each seats. Finally take out the two rests on the bottom of the compartment by prying from the font side of the clip. At that point the whole cover will just fold up to the rear of the compartment and you can take the big piece of foam out and get to fishing...

The last thing is when you finish up just take the roof and manually push it into the storage area. its all hydraulic and there will be no pressure left by the time you are done. If you try and activate the roof it won't do anything until you drop the roof into the cover area. After that it is all normal again.

Difficulty is a 4 only because of dealing with the roof compartment is a pain.

Nice kit Brian. Thanks for putting it all together.

Last edited by Kirkster; 04-10-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote