View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoFamous View Post
I have several fellow Stang/Cobra owners I talk to on a daily basis. Z owners are few and far between. I travel between San Angelo, Austin & Killeen (TX) all the time & honestly the Z is a rare car that gets plenty of attention, but just isn't bought as often as the rest of the sports cars. My reasoning for this isn't because the Z isn't an impressive car, but because it's an expensive 2 seater. It's not functional at all for a family & let's face it, the ones that would take a bullet to get one just aren't financially able to come up with 30k+ due to age or piss poor credit loans. Ether you don't have a family or your well off enough to have something else that's seats four lol.

Btw the 370z drivers I do see always shoot a wave at me. It's the 350z owners that always wanna prove they can still run lol
I just met up with three local Z owners for the first time since buying a new Z bout a month ago. Check out the new ATX thread: Austin370Z E-vents

More Z's means, like shado said, more people to talk shop with. Plus more demand for aftermarket parts = better competition and variety. But it also means, as the car gets older and available to lower income folks, the forum will probably go down the tubes. My co-worker's Cobra forum just rolled over 10 million posts with 100+K members - he says approximately 99% of the posts are useless these days.

Less Z's keeps the illusion of exclusivity. And the forum stays cleaner. But fewer options and fewer people willing to take that first plunge into various aftermarket mods.

I haven't had any 370s encountered while driving the Z (only seen parked ones) but look forward to first return wave. It's the wife's DD, so I have informed her of the proper etiquette if she encounters a fellow Z. Several 350s have ignored my wave, but in retrospect I shouldn't have expected a return wave after passing personal judgement on the driver.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote