Thread: Exhaust Poll
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinceday1 View Post
All or any of them you listed are good choices.

Generally, I do not think you can go wrong with any of which you listed. What might really matter though is your 'style' preference' and what you expect to gain from the exhaust.

Do you want OEM style canister that tucks and hides behind the rear bumper? or do you want dual canister? or do you want dual canister with helmholtz resonator?

Next is cost and waiting time.

Stock style: Most expensive to less expensive. (minus Amuse and other 3k+ JDM)
Berk (X pipe, US)
Stillen (Dual to Y pipe to Dual, US)
Exotic speed (X pipe, Canada)
Invidia (adjustable tips, X pipe, sub $1000 US)

Dual Muffler: Most expensive to less, (minus Amuse and other 3k+ JDM)
HKS (adjustable tips + Helmholts + JDM + H pipe)
Fast Intentions (US, X pipe, most gains)
ARK Grip (KDM/US, Helmholts, X pipe)

As far as gains go, Fast Intentions and Stillen seems to produce the most HP/TQ gain but differences are minimal at best.

Personally, I love how HKS sounds and looks. Authority speaks for itself. Daddy AK also has HKS

Also, following sticky post might be helpful to you.
370Z Exhaust Sound Clip data base

Cheers!
Thank you sir. Yes, I have seen that database thread plenty of times Just wanted some more opinions of what forum members had/liked, etc...

As far as HKS, I think it sounds good, but I think it looks "too loud" for me. Those tips are HUGE! I wonder if cops here would prey on me for having those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue370tt View Post
I am running the Greddy TiC turbo exhaust and it looks and sounds great. Fitment is fantastic amd the burnt blue tips look cool.

Exhaust Name: Greddy TiC turbo
Quality: Very good
Fitment/Looks: solid
Sound: Good growl at full throttle, not to loud, does not drone will cruising.
I need to look at this one closer. Got a good vid to refer me to? Does it rasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeb0x View Post
you forgot MXP also...

[Mackin eXtreme Performance]
MXP Exhaust and Resonated Test Pipes (Video / Sound)
I looked at this one after reading your post. I've never heard of MXP. Quality seems to be really nice from your link! I listened to your clip and of another, but it might seem a little too loud for me???

Here's a link to one of my favorite vids/sounds for Stillen... IMO, it sounds closest to how the original stock Z/G exhaust sounded like, but a little more mean I'm not saying it's Stillen for sure what I'll get, but I really like how it sounds (I think I embedded the vid correctly??!!?!?!? )

YouTube - 370Z w/ Stillen Exhaust & Berk Tech HFCs: Launch Clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZ1wryQ0C4&feature=fvwrel
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra

Last edited by FromG2Z; 04-09-2011 at 09:09 AM.
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote