View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
1Sweet Z
Base Member

Drives: 11 GM 370Z A7 Spt/Nv
1Sweet Z is on a distinguished road

Hey Junkman et all,

First of all I want to say you are “the man” when it comes to detailing cars. I have watched many of your videos and the results you produce are out of this world.

Like Super Tanooki, I recently bought a new 2011 GM 370Z in February and now it requires a wash. I have been holding off washing it until I get all the proper supplies

I am new to detailing – but take pride in what I own and make sure it looks as good as much as possible. With that being said I have a couple of things that I would like to ask you about washing and detailing

I am condensing the steps to move to my point quicker. (Feel free the add steps if you think they are vital to the process)

Step 1: 2 Bucket Wash System – I have ordered all the proper supply’s to wash the car

Step 2: Drying the car – Sheeting + air dry (spot dry with waffle towels). Now are Adam’s microfiber towels okay for this process?) No chinese towels

Step 3: Get Shiny – I want to bring the shine out in the new paint job. What is the best thing for my new car?
a) Just add some detail spray and dry it off with a microfiber towels
b) Superb Glaze and Carnauba Wax application
c) Machine Superwax?

Even with my new paint - Do I need to clay the car before b) or c)?
The Nissan dealership added a paint sealant to my car – do I need to change the prep before I attempt any waxes?

Supplies I ordered from Adams

• Adam’s Starter PC polishing kit
• Wash Trio
• Second Wash Mit
• Gallon of Detail Spray
• Grit Guards
• 2nd Tub of clay
• Foam Gun from AutoGeek
• Brass quick dis-connect
I already for the 5 gallon pales and Toro Leaf-blower

( I probably should have gotten the premium kit as I didn’t get any paste wax with my order – opps)

Before I hit the 370 with the PC, I am going to perfect my technique on my DD. I have a case of the swirls for in-correctly washing it over the past 5 years.

Many thanks.