Thread: Battery Tender
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
I call them trickle charger. The one my dad has is hooked directly to the battery. Works great. Never seen an issue with it in two years. Even for months. Not sure if it's good on a motor not to be ran from time to time though.
You don't want to use a normal trickle charger for that long, this would be a small charge that is on 24/7. You want to use a floating charger, a battery tender is a brand name for a floating charger. Which is also a good one to get

So for your questions.
1. I don't think so, but for a 4 month period, I would take the battery out of the car and put it on a charger.
2. Yes it's save, just put it on a stable place with nothing too close to be sure.
3. The Battery Tender is a good one.

Last edited by Xan; 04-08-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote