View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
cow
Lounge Moderator

Drives: Toyota Avalon
cow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond reputecow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
The american V8s just keep getting heavier and crappier-handling, even though they're still upping the BHP on them over previous generations. I'd still take my '99 WS6, for all its faults, over any of the new GM/Chrysler V8 muscle cars (and even that car is a fat pig handling-wise compared to the 370Z).

The plus side is that the aftermarket for those engines is enormous, making it cheap to up the power a lot. In terms of dollars spent to reach a given time in the 1/4 mile, go with the Chevy over the Z. But it will never have the finesse and handling the Z does.
The reviews of the new SS have all praised its handling. Pretty much every magazine is pulling upwards of 0.98 G's. That's really impressive.

The first few paragraphs of Edmunds review get into its handling.

I never bought a 370Z

Last edited by cow; 07-01-2009 at 08:27 PM.
cow is offline   Reply With Quote