View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #417 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Earl Grey is an unusual type of tea because it is flavored with the herb Bergamot which has a distinctive flavor. If you haven't tasted it before, I'd recommend you order a cup or try a smaller sized package because you might not like it. It can, however, grow on you. I like it very much; it's one of my very favorite teas. It's quite popular in England both at breakfast and at tea time. It is almost always available if you are out having high or afternoon tea. It's made with black tea, so it, of course, has caffeine--though now it is available in decaf as well through Amazon etc. This box has a large quantity of tea bags of high quality tea. There are other brands, but Twinings is a good one (though not my very favorite, it's right up there). Using bags is, of course, more convenient, but frankly, I prefer loose tea with which you can vary the strength as you wish. I have friends who make it by the pot. Those wanting weaker tea just pour it off earlier. I like it stronger. On the other hand, you can put a bag in a mug, stick in the microwave, and have tea in a few minutes. Enjoy! Hope you like the Bergamot!