View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #398 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

I only drink coffee in the morning and usually only one cup. I'm a pharmacist and used to drink coffee all day long for a little pick-me-up when my energy flagged, but the coffee sometimes bothered my stomach since I drank so much. My doctor suggested I switch to tea.
I started drinking L****n tea, you know the one in the yellow and red box, what did I know about tea? I was working at the time with a young Chinese man (a friend of my son's) and he was a Star Trek fan, as am I. When I went out for a container of tea one day I asked if he wanted anything and he asked for Earl Grey. I asked why and he told me that Capt. Pickard on Gen II always ordered "Earl Grey hot" from the replicator. I laughed as I had seen that too and just never connected with the brand and had one also.
Well, I liked it so much that it became my favorite tea. I still have English Breakfast and some Chinese teas sometimes, but I must have Earl Grey with my dinner. Sometimes people wonder at my "tea sophistication" and I don't tell them where my preference actually comes from.If they only knew.