View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee370 View Post
I'm going to have to chime in and say that I DID get suckered into the stupid "protective" coating from the dealer!! Haha..

I've had the car since Feb. and still haven't gotten it done though.

I don't think that they sold me on the fact that some kid would be rubbing some Turtle wax on my car but they said that after the "treatment", if anything were to happen to the paint in any way, they would repaint the affected area (or whole car) at no cost to me. Sounded worth it at the time considering I paid extra for the color I got anyway. lol

Now the one thing I NEVER fall for is that lame extended warranty. You know... the one that extends the dealers pockets with your money.

You have a corrosion warranty that will cover the paint. If there is any corrosion it will affect the paint and it will be covered. As far as say a bird dropping that was never washed off and has now etched into the paint, you would be held responsible regardless of the paint protection. This is because sealants or wax ( dealership or not ) will not protect your paint from you neglecting to properly maintain it. If how ever I stand corrected and it does cover your negligence and you are the type of person that doesn't take proper car of your vehicle, then maybe it's worth the $$. But this will be a regular occurrence if you neglect to properly maintain your paint, and I would bet dollars to doughnuts they will not keep repainting your car every time you come in with bird and water etching in your paint. I should mention that when I say "you" I mean people in general.

I'm with you on the extended warranty. I told them to stuff the warranty along with the paint protection.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote