View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ View Post
Knowing a lot about the subject and never doing it are different. I do a lot of detailing, and can tell you this car is no different then others. mny etails with buffing/polishing on nissans from pathfinders to 350z to porches etc... yes there are different types of paint but all can be buffed.
There is a difference with this paint compared with a lot of others. It comes down to the hardness of the paint, which in return will marr a lot easier than say some Chevy vehicles. 370 paint is fairly soft so proper washing is essential. Yes all paint can be polished if there is enough clear on the car.

Proper wash technique is paramount. Use two buckets and a sheepskin wash mitt. One bucket for the wash and one for the rinse. After pre-rinsing the car wash about a 2x2 foot area at a time rinsing in between. Wash from the Top of the car to the bottom with light pressure or you will marr your paint. Tires and rims must have separate mitts and a separate bucket is recommended. Never cross contaminate or you will pay dearly. Wash out mitt and hang to dry. Use a microfiber drying towel to dry the car or better yet a leaf blower, this really is a nice way to dry the car with out marring it.

What I use for my customers when I wash a previously polished car is a foam gun. This eliminates the wash bucket and continually sprays soap between paint and mitt for a perfect marr free wash. It is also great for claying as there is continual lubrication. Hope this helps.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote