View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bster View Post
Thanks Modshack for yet another useful DIY thread!

Just a quick question.

I've asked Minicobra this before, but did you feel any addition vibrations (not matter how small) from adding the spacers?

And also, do you reckon that sand will be picked up by the edges of the bottom tyre and scratch the bottom sides of the door sill?
No problem!

Properly machined, a good set of Hubcentric spacers should introduce NO vibration into the equation. It does alter the track width and factory scrub radius a bit, but in combo with my Stillen bars feels nice and precise. More on Chassis tuning anf the effects of mods here if you're interested:
Roger Kraus Racing : Oversteer/Understeer chart

On the road pick-up issue, yes, moving the wheels out a bit does expose the rocker to a bit more throw-off. The rocker though is plastic so therefore is fairly flexible and should resist chippping more than say the hood. YOu can always put some clear protectant film on it. I haven't run these in the rain yet so I don't have any experience with what it will throw onto the car.

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote