View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
spearfish is scratching his head how to take picture while camera (iphone) is what needs to be photographed...
LOL. I did have a momentary 'WTF am I going to do to get a picture' thought. Then I started clicking screen shots. I use the ProClip to hold the iPhone on the passenger knee pad...no magic there.

It looks to monitor:
RPM
Speed
Acceleration
HP, Torque (neither of which seem close to accurate currently)
Fuel flow
Fuel level
A/F ratio (lamda)
Catalyst temp
Intake temp
Timing
Fuel trims
Throttle position
MAP
MAF
MPG (calculated based on all kinds of ****)
Tracks time in each gear, Distance in each gear
CO2 emissions

Couple things that are odd or not working:
- Ambient temp doesn't work
- Torque and HP are obviously untrustworthy and calculated. The figures are just stupid and I'd prefer it wasn't included.
- It knows the gear you're in based on your drive ratios (you type in), RPM, and RPM limits (you enter the redline, min RPM, and shift point). I don't know what makes it consider the gear to be 'wrong'. I'm going to play with the shift point RPM since my 6th gear highway time is similar to the 'wrong gear time' and I was probably at 3100 RPM with the shift point set at 3k rpm. I bumped it up to 4k and we'll see what happens.

Here are some shots: You can see the PLX mounted with Velcro on the driver's seat for easy access. Also, this is the default dashboard skin. There are many others you can download, although I think this is by far the most robust. Also, you can make your own if you can figure out their software.

Last edited by spearfish25; 04-06-2011 at 08:33 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote