View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I dropped off my car this morning to get rear camber/toe arms and 15 mm Ichiba type 1 spacers installed.

On reviewing the pics, I could have easily gone anther 5 mm on the spacers. I'm running 275/35/19 front, 305/30/19 rear.

The top of the tires are inboard of the fender lip. The tire at the pavement is outboard of the fender lip. Front is -1.9 degrees camber. Rear is -2.2 degrees camber.

Toe is .06 degree front, .10 degree rear. Steering is more lively than stock. Not twichty, but more work to keep going straight. Steering feel going from -1.0 camber (stock) to -1.9 degrees (lowered) made steering feel more crisp, with improved turn-in and cornering g-force capability. All positive attributes, no negative. Going to 275 width increased steering effort slightly and made it wander a little. Some negatives, but it totally banished understeer. It sticks like glue now and makes it feel like the tires are too big for the car. It just never spins or slides. It was worth the change.

Ride height is 26.5" pavement to fender lip front and rear. I believe stock was 27.7", so over all, lowered 1.2" on Megan Racing coil overs.

PS. All the comments about blackout on the headlights, door handles, etc: Yes. It's coming. Notice the front/rear badges and side markers are gone in these pictures. The badges and wheel caps are at the painters. When that is done, I'll start on the headlights and door handles.

Before:___________________________________________ ___________After:

Last edited by Phimosis; 07-01-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote