View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #119 (permalink)
Merlin
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Tour M6
Merlin is on a distinguished road

I first noticed wear at less than 1500 miles. I worked with the dealership initially and they tried to fix the issue, but could not. I will say my dealership is awesome and tried to make things right. I then went straight to Nissan North America and filed a complaint. Clearly there is an issue and I've not heard that Nissan is acknowledging it and making amends. Anyway, the tech they sent adjusted the hatch arm and wiring on the driver's side and replaced the canvas only. I must admit the tech they brought in to do the work did an incredible job. The new canvas looks tighter and better than the original. That said, I should not have had to go thru any of this and neither should anyone else. Nissan owes us answers and perhaps some sort of compensation for our trouble. I wonder what they'd think of a "class action lawsuit?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
Don't allow them to replace your top (complex procedure that is rarely done properly, and/or without collateral damage) until they can explain the cause/source of the wear spots and offer a convincing fix/remedy. I have nearly identical (though less severe) wear spots, but have just 1600 miles on my ZR (built May '10 and purchased June '10). Please provide similar info (mileage, build & purchase dates) for the record.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote