View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Z View Post
I have color sand new car clear coat Z bumper covers to level out the paint for a smooth-as glass gloss shine. For some pointers, one can purchase John Tetz's "Paint-U-Cation" DVD's for the art of color sanding & buffing available from EASTWOOD.COM. Try out your budding skills on several test panals first prior to going deep on your Z's clear coated paint. Good luck!!
I'll say this again, "please don't wet sand your cars". I been in this business a long time and wet sanding is usually never needed. There really isn't enough clear on even new paint to try to wet sand it level so you have no orange peel. If you guy's start wet sanding your cars only bad can come of it. Unless you want to start detailing as a hobby, call some one that knows what they are doing. If you do want to detail as a hobby, then spend the hundreds of hours of research and "hands on training" so you will do it right.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote