View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
I "love" my 370 and all that, but uh...with all due respect peeps...IT'S ONLY A F*CKING CAR!

Yeah, take care of it and don't neglect it like those people who plaster their cars with political/musical affiliation stickers and don't wash it for like 10 years straight. Yeah, these people view their cars as a means to ends--transportation! They're not concerned whether you think they drive a bucket or not.

I understand we drive a special car, albeit it's not a Ferrari, and it's nonetheless extraordinary. But gosh!!!! Some of you get so ridiculous about wash/wax/buff etc. and examine every f&cking nuance, detail blah blah blah about what chemicals harm this, what buffer fibers destroy what. You guys sound like those "health experts" who'd claim that drinking tap water versus "organic bottled water" will lead to cancer--SALES PITCH!

I appreciate the input from a lot of you guys because you guys are so knowledgable about hi-performance tips, car care etc. But man, some of you DWELL on this to an EXTREME.

I wash my car with Palmolive dish wash soap, wax it with carnuaba Turtle wax...and the muthaf%cka still looks HOT! And no, no swirl marks--yet--just bird droppings and dead knats here and there.
...and to each his own. Most of my time is "wasted" here on the forums - as in I'm not actually contribuiting or getting anything out of it other than just shooting the breeze with a bunch of fellow enthusist.

To some this car is just to get from A to B in style or fast, etc. It just a shiny tool or something to make themselves feel important, etc. This car gets me from A to R to M to Z to Z to Z to Z to B - any excuse to enjoy this engineering marvel. To me its also an incredible piece of art - and that art is enhanced by detailing. Its kinda like shining your trophy - some care and some don't. So for those of us who appreciate this car like a piece of art we take care of it that way. For those of you who use it and couldn't care less then I guess this thread isn't for you ;P